About LHA > Meeting Minutes
MINUTES TO THE REGULAR MEETING
OF THE LONGVIEW HOUSING AUTHORITY
BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
July 23, 2007
At the Longview Housing Authority Offices
1207 Commerce Ave., Longview, WA.
Chairperson Brewer called the regular July meeting of the Longview Housing Authority Board of Commissioners to order at 4:00 pm on July 23, 2007.
B. Jo Brewer, Chairperson ABSENT
Chris Pegg, Secretary Bruce Fischer, Commissioner
Pat Price, Commissioner
Wayne Ostermiller, Commissioner
Ron Kosloski, Commissioner
Tom Drake, Staff
Vickie Rhodes, Staff PUBLIC
Sheri Whittington, Staff Stefani Moore, Counseling Services
Arlin Broadie, Staff Terri Willis, LifeHouse
Katie Wilkie, Staff Miranda, Homeless Youth
Marilyn Mayclin, Staff
Jon Dieter, Staff
CHANGES & ADDITIONS TO THE AGENDA:
* Commissioner Kosloski requested updates on the Veterans Housing project and progress-to-date on the replacement of Commissioner Brown. Chairperson Brewer requested a discussion on the development and remodel funding sources. OPPORTUNITY FOR PUBLIC DISCUSSION:
CONSENT AGENDA: APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES:
* Upon review of the Regular June Board meeting minutes a motion was made by Commissioner Price and seconded by Commissioner Ostermiller to approve the June meeting minutes. Call for discussion, none opposed, motion carried to approve minutes.
APPROVE THE JUNE VOUCHERS AS PAID AND FINANCIALS AND OCCUPANCY REPORT AS PRESENTED
* After Board review of the vouchers as paid and financial statements and occupancy report as presented, a motion was made by Commissioner Price and seconded by Commissioner Ostermiller to approve June vouchers as paid and financials and occupancy reports as presented. Call for discussion, none opposed motion carried. (See list attached)
CHAIRMAN AND SECRETARY REPORT:
* Chairperson Brewer mentioned to the Board she had the honor of presenting two Family Self Sufficiency ( FSS) graduates their much deserved escrow checks.
* Chairperson Brewer informed the Board of her appointment to the National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials Commissioners Committee.
* Secretary Pegg informed the Board the Council of Governments has invited Donna Beegle to our area on August 27, 2007. They are also looking for partners to help design a longer one or possibly two day later in the year. Secretary Pegg recommended we take advantage of the opportunity to participate and make Donna's visit an all day event open to the public.
* Secretary Pegg informed the Board of the 32nd Anniversary for the Housing Authority.
* Secretary Pegg informed the Board that Section 8 staff is spreading the word to our clients about the position of tenant Commissioner.
BOARD ACTION: Approval to hire Asset Development Manager
* A motion was made by Commissioner Price and seconded by Commissioner Kosloski to approve the creation of the new position of Asset Development manager and appropriation of salary and benefits as indicated Call for discussion, none opposed, motion carried.
BOARD DISCUSSION: Update on development projects – Phoenix House, SHARE Columbia View / Riverview and Veterans Housing.
* Secretary Pegg presented an update on the Phoenix House and Veterans Housing Projects. Jon Dieter, Program Development Manager, presented an update on the SHARE Homeownership program. Sheri Whittington Property Manager presented an update on the rehab of Columbia View/ Riverview Complexes.
NEW BUSINESS :
BOARD PRESENTATION: Stefani Moore – Needs of Homeless Youth
* Stefani Moore with Counseling Services informed the Board of the need for affordable housing resources for homeless youth and youth transitioning out of foster care in our communities. She also introduced Miranda, a homeless youth in our Community, to share her life story with the Board.
BOARD ACTION: Approval to hire SHARE Rehab Coordinator
* A motion was made by Commissioner Price and seconded by Commissioner Ostermiller to approve the creation of the new position of SHARE Rehab Coordinator and appropriation of salary and benefits as indicated. Call for discussion, none opposed, motion carried.
BOARD ACTION: Approval of travel to NAHRO National Conference in San Diego,
Oct.27 – October Oct. 30, 2007 for B. Jo Brewer and Tom Drake
* A motion was made by Commissioner Price and seconded by Commissioner Ostermiller to approve travel to attend the NAHRO National Conference in San Diego, California October 27th - 30th, 2007 for B. Jo Brewer and Tom Drake. Call for discussion, none opposed motion carried.
BOARD DISCUSSION: Board Retreat
* Board Retreat date is tentatively set for Saturday November 3rd.
BOARD ACTION: Approval of rent increases
* A motion was made by Commissioner Kosloski and seconded by Commissioner Price to approve the suggested rent increase at the Longview Properties, to be effective October 1, 2007. Call for discussion, none opposed motion carried.
BOARD ACTION: Approval of Resolutions 07-12 and 07-13 Interlocal Agreements with Lewis and Cowlitz Counties.
* A motion was made by Commissioner Ostermiller and seconded by Commissioner Kosloski to approve Resolutions 07-12 and 07-13 Interlocal Agreement with Cowlitz and Lewis Counties to expand the SHARE Homeownership program outside of the cities of Longview and Kelso. Call for discussion, none opposed, motion carried
EXECUTIVE SESSION: Personnel Issues
SCHEDULING OF NEXT MEETING:
Meeting date: August 27, 2007
There being no further business to discuss, Chairperson Brewer adjourned the regular board meeting.
CHRISTINA M. PEGG,
BOARD APPROVAL OF MINUTES
B.Jo Brewer Chairperson Attest: Christina M. Pegg, Secretary