About LHA > Meeting Minutes
MINUTES TO THE REGULAR MEETING
OF THE LONGVIEW HOUSING AUTHORITY
BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
March 29, 2007
At the Longview Housing Authority Offices
1207 Commerce Ave., Longview, WA.
Vice-Chairperson Fischer called the regular March meeting of the Longview Housing Authority Board of Commissioners to order at 4:00 pm on March 29, 2007.
Bruce Fischer, Vice-Chairperson Jo Brewer, Chairperson
Chris Pegg, Secretary Jon Dieter, Staff
Ron Kosloski, Commissioner
Wayne Ostermiller, Commissioner
Pat Price, Commissioner
Tom Drake, Staff
Vickie Rhodes, Staff
Katie Wilkie, Staff PUBLIC
Arlin Broadie, Staff None
Sheri Whittington, Staff
Marilyn Mayclin, Staff
CHANGES & ADDITIONS TO THE AGENDA:
OPPORTUNITY FOR PUBLIC DISCUSSION:
* None Present
APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES:
* Upon review of the Regular February 26th Board meeting a motion was made by Commissioner Price and seconded by Commissioner Ostermiller to approve the February meeting minutes. Call for discussion, none opposed, motion carried to approve minutes
APPROVE THE FEBRUARY VOUCHERS AND FINANCIALS AND OCCUPANCY REPORT AS PRESENTED
* After Board review of the vouchers as paid and financial statements and occupancy report as presented a motion was made by Commissioner Ostermiller and seconded by Commissioner Price to approve February vouchers as paid and financials and occupancy reports as presented. Call for discussion, none opposed motion carried. (See list attached)
CHAIRMAN AND SECRETARY REPORT:
* Secretary Pegg explained the process for converting project based certificates to vouchers.
* Secretary Pegg informed the Board that the County Commissioners awarded 200,000.00 for Phoenix House.
* Secretary Pegg requested that any Commissioner interested in attending the Annual NAHRO Conference in Tacoma, Washington please let her know.
* Vice- Chairperson Fischer gave the Board an update on his trip to Washington DC
BOARD DISCUSSION: Update on development projects
* Secretary Pegg gave the Board an update on Phoenix House, mod rehab and SHARE and mentioned applications have been submitted and things are progressing very well.
BOARD ACTION: Adopt Articles of Amendment for FFRC Resolution 07-06
* After Board review a motion was made by Commissioner Price and seconded by Commissioner Ostermiller to adopt Resolution 07-06 immediately approving the Articles of Amendment of the Family Finance Resource Center. Call for discussion, none opposed, motion carried.
BOARD DISCUSSION: Agency name change and logo
* After Board review of the name change and logos the Board made some suggestions for changes. Pegg will take the selected logos back to Reprographics Printing Company to have the changes designed. No action was taken.
BOARD UPDATE: Joint Pacific County Housing Authority
* Secretary Pegg gave the Board an update on the Management of the Eagles Apartment building in Pacific County. No action taken
BOARD ACTION: Approval of Revised Outside Employment Policy Resolution 07-05
* After Board review a motion was made by Commissioner Kosloski and seconded by Commissioner Ostermiller to approve Resolution 07-05 authorizing the revised changes to the Outside Employment Policy. Call for discussion, none opposed, motion carried.
BOARD DISCUSSION: Scheduling of conference with Donna Beegle
* After Board review a suggestion was made to form a Committee and to work on scheduling a conference with Donna Beegle sometime in the fall. No action taken.
NEW BUSINESS :
BOARD DISCUSSION: NAHRO Housing Awareness Campaign- Housing America 2007
* Secretary Pegg informed the Board of the many activities in this campaign to raise awareness and stated she has ordered pins for our agency. No action taken
SCHEDULING OF NEXT MEETING:
Meeting date: April 23, 2007
There being no further business to discuss, Vice- Chairperson Fischer adjourned the regular board meeting.
CHRISTINA M. PEGG,
BOARD APPROVAL OF MINUTES
B.Jo Brewer Chairperson Attest: Christina M. Pegg, Secretary