About LHA > Meeting Minutes
MINUTES TO THE REGULAR MEETING
OF THE LONGVIEW HOUSING AUTHORITY
BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
April meeting held May 5, 2008
At the Longview Housing Authority Offices
1207 Commerce Ave., Longview, WA.
Chair B. Jo Brewer called the regular April meeting of the Longview Housing Authority Board of Commissioners to order at 4:00 pm on May 5, 2008.
B. Jo Brewer, Chairperson None
Chris Pegg, Secretary
Bruce Fischer, Commissioner
Wayne Ostermiller, Commissioner PUBLIC
Ron Kosloski, Commissioner None present
Adora Greenwood, Commissioner
Bill Cox, Commissioner
Tom Drake, Staff
Jon Dieter, Staff
Sheri Whittington, Staff
Katie Wilkie, Staff
Marilyn Mayclin, Staff
Teresa Welter, Staff
CHANGES & ADDITIONS TO THE AGENDA:
OPPORTUNITY FOR PUBLIC DISCUSSION:
* None present
CONSENT AGENDA: Review of the Minutes for March 24, 2008.
* Upon review of the regular March Board minutes a motion was made by Commissioner Fischer and seconded by Commissioner Greenwood to approve the March minutes. Commissioner Greenwood made note she wasn't present at the March meeting. Call for discussion, none opposed, motion carried.
Approve write offs of doubtful accounts in the amount of $1248.00
* A motion was made by Commissioner Fischer and seconded by Commissioner Greenwood to approve writing off the books $1248.00 from Accounts Receivable which have been deemed uncollectible, providing a professional collection agency has recorded these debts against the responsible parties. Call for discussion, none opposed, motion carried.
Approve the March 2008 Financial Statements and vouchers as paid
* After Board review of the vouchers as paid and financial statements and occupancy report as presented a motion was made by Commissioner Fischer and seconded by Commissioner Greenwood to approve March vouchers as paid and financials and occupancy reports as presented. Call for discussion, none opposed motion carried. (See list attached)
CHAIRMAN AND SECRETARY REPORT:
* Chair Brewer suggested the Board support Housing America in order spread the word out about our great need for safe affordable housing.
* Secretary Pegg informed the Board of the proposed 14% cut to the Section 8 voucher program
* Secretary Pegg gave an update on the new ready to rent program.
BOARD DISCUSSION: HOME & Document Recording Fee Funding awards
* Secretary Pegg informed the Board that Chair Brewer and herself had a meeting with Mayor Agonostou and Councilman Wallace about the cut in the administration fee for TBRA
BOARD DISCUSSION: Update on Development Projects
* Secretary Pegg gave an update on all of the current development projects.
BOARD ACTION: Approval of Resolution form to enter into an Inter-local Agreement
with the City of Morton
* A motion was made by Commissioner Fischer and seconded by Commissioner Cox to approve the City of Morton Inter-local agreement Resolution form. Call for discussion, none opposed, motion carried.
BOARD DISCUSSION: PNRC-NAHRO Conference Report
* Chair Brewer and other Board members in attendance at the PNRC-NAHRO Conference in Spokane gave their opinion on their favorite session of the conference.
BOARD ACTION: Approve emergency purchase of new fire alarm system for Hawthorne House Apartments
* A motion was made by Commissioner Fischer and seconded by Commissioner Ostermiller to approve an emergency purchase of new fire alarm system for Hawthorne House. Call for discussion, none opposed, motion carried.
EXECUTIVE SESSION: None
SCHEDULING OF NEXT MEETING:
Regular Meeting date: May 28, 2008
There being no further business to discuss, Chair Brewer adjourned the regular board meeting.
CHRISTINA M. PEGG,
BOARD APPROVAL OF MINUTES
B.Jo Brewer Chairperson Attest: Christina M. Pegg, Secretary