About LHA > Meeting Minutes
LONGVIEW HOUSING AUTHORITY
BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS REGULAR MEETING
Monday, November 27, 2006 at 4:00 p.m.- Annual Meeting
Hawthorne House Apartments Community Room
1400 Woodside Terrace, Woodland, WA
Chairperson Price called the regular November meeting of the Longview Housing Authority Board of Commissioners to order at 4:00 pm on November 27, 2006.
Pat Price, Chairperson B. Jo Brewer, Commissioner
Chris Pegg, Secretary Odessa Brown, Commissioner
Wayne Ostermiller, Commissioner
Ron Kosloski, Commissioner
Bruce Fischer, Commissioner
Tom Drake, Staff PUBLIC
Becky Phillips Staff Wendy Kosloski,
Jon Dieter, Staff Mayor Weber & Chris
Vickie Rhodes, Staff Scott Hogan, Cowlitz Bank
Katie Wilkie, Staff Russ Gilkrist, Residential Resources
Arlin Broadie, Staff Tony Sorenson, Section 8 Homeowner
Sheri Whittington, Staff
Marilyn Mayclin, Staff
Billie Brister, Staff
Teresa Welter, Staff
Darla Meade, Staff
Pam Anderson, Staff
CHANGES & ADDITIONS TO THE AGENDA:
OPPORTUNITY FOR PUBLIC DISCUSSION:
APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES:
* Upon review of the regular October meeting minutes, a motion was made by Commissioner Fischer and seconded by Commissioner Ostermiller to approve the October minutes. Call for discussion, none opposed, motion carried.
APPROVE THE OCTOBER VOUCHERS
* After Board review of the vouchers as paid, a motion was made by Commissioner Fischer and seconded by Commissioner Kosloski to approve October vouchers as paid. Call for discussion, none opposed motion carried. (See list attached)
CHAIRMAN AND SECRETARY REPORT:
* Secretary Pegg commented on the newspaper articles regarding a possible partnership with Tim Sparks on the development of condominiums as affordable housing in Kelso. Chris stated that LHA staff have had very preliminary discussions with Mr. Sparks, however there is no partnership. LHA is always seeking new opportunities to develop affordable housing and this presented one possible opportunity. .
* Secretary Pegg commented on the recent news coverage of the purchase of a luxury vehicle by the Vancouver Housing Authority Director. She explained the policies governing vehicle usage at the LHA. The agency does not purchase a vehicle for use by the Executive Director. LHA pays mileage reimbursement at the IRS rate
Chairperson Price after adjourning the regular board meeting opened the Annual Meeting of the Longview Housing Authority Board of Commissioners.
Presentation of Year End Review by LHA Staff
* Secretary Christina Pegg welcomed everyone in attendance and introduced Mayor Weber, community partners and LHA staff.
* Secretary Christina Pegg gave a progress report on the 10- year strategic plan and business plan.
* Tom Drake, Finance Director, presented a financial report on the agency.
* Vickie Rhodes, Section 8 Housing Program Manager, gave an update on the Section 8 and other housing assistance programs.
* LHA Property Managers, Katie Wilke and Sherri Whittington, provided updates on the rental properties in Longview, Cathlamet, Woodland, Castle Rock and Kalama.
*. Program Development Manager, Jon Dieter, presented an overview of the SHARE and Section 8 Homeownership Programs. Tony Sorenson, Section 8 Homeownership Program participant, shared how his lifetime dream of becoming a homeowner finally came true through this program.
* Secretary Pegg, expressing deep appreciation for their services, presented the 2006 partnership awards to Cowlitz County Title Company, Scott Hogan, and Cowlitz- Wahkiakum Council of Governments staff person, Melissa Taylor.
The floor was opened to questions. Chairperson Price adjourned the meeting.
SCHEDULING OF NEXT MEETING:
Meeting date: cancelled
CHRISTINA M. PEGG,
BOARD APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL MEETING
Patricia Price, Chairperson Attest: Christina M. Pegg, Secretary