About LHA > Meeting Minutes
Minutes September 2007
MINUTES TO THE REGULAR MEETING
OF THE LONGVIEW HOUSING AUTHORITY
BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
September 24, 2007
At the Longview Housing Authority Offices
1207 Commerce Ave., Longview, WA.
Chairperson Brewer called the regular September meeting of the Longview Housing Authority Board of Commissioners to order at 4:00 pm on September 24, 2007.
B. Jo Brewer, Chairperson ABSENT
Chris Pegg, Secretary Wayne Ostermiller, Commissioner
Bruce Fischer, Commissioner
Pat Price, Commissioner
Ron Kosloski, Commissioner
Tom Drake, Staff
Vickie Rhodes, Staff
Sheri Whittington, Staff PUBLIC
Arlin Broadie, Staff None Present
Jon Dieter, Staff
Katie Wilkie, Staff
Marilyn Mayclin, Staff
CHANGES & ADDITIONS TO THE AGENDA:
OPPORTUNITY FOR PUBLIC DISCUSSION:
* None Present
CONSENT AGENDA: APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES:
* Upon review of the Regular August Board meeting minutes a motion was made by Commissioner Fischer and seconded by Commissioner Price to approve the August meeting minutes. Call for discussion, none opposed, motion carried to approve minutes.
APPROVE THE AUGUST VOUCHERS AS PAID AND FINANCIALS AND OCCUPANCY REPORT AS PRESENTED
* After Board review of the vouchers as paid and financial statements and occupancy report as presented, a motion was made by Commissioner Fischer and seconded by Commissioner Price to approve August vouchers as paid and financials and occupancy reports as presented. Call for discussion, none opposed motion carried. (See list attached)
CHAIRMAN AND SECRETARY REPORT:
* Chairperson Brewer informed the Board she has been invited to join the National Board of Commissioners.
* Secretary Pegg informed the Board that Donna Beegle will be at the Cowlitz County Expo Center in Longview Washington for her Breaking the Barriers of Poverty presentation on October 15th for staff and Board and on October 16th she will do her presentation for our clients.
* Secretary Pegg informed the Board that the interviewing process has begun for the position of Executive Director of Family Finance Resource Center.
* Secretary Pegg informed the Board of her appointment to the Housing Authority Risk Retention Pool (HARRP) Board and the Washington Low Income Housing Alliance Board.
* Secretary Pegg invited the Board to attend the meeting with Senator Patty Murray's staff on October 12th at 9:30 at the LHA office.
BOARD ACTION: Approval of FY2008 Budget Resolution 07-17
* A motion was made by Commissioner Kosloski and seconded by Commissioner Price to approve Resolution 07-17 for FY2008 Budget. Call for discussion, none opposed, motion carried.
BOARD DISCUSSION: Update on SHARE program
* Jon Dieter, Program Development Manager, presented an update on the SHARE Homeownership program.
BOARD DISCUSSION: Update on development projects – Phoenix House,
* Secretary Pegg presented an update on Phoenix House. She also informed the board of work to date on the Electra Motel for Veterans Housing. Pegg mentioned the closing on the land for Phoenix House is due the 1st of October 2007. Pegg mentioned to the Board Veterans Housing is currently on hold due to the amount of the appraisal being lower than anticipated. LHA is also awaiting word from the VA on an application for funding for acquisition and rehab of the property.
BOARD DISCUSSION: Preview of new LHA website
* Tom Drake, Finance Director, created a new website for LHA and presented the website to the Board. LHA website is- www.longviewha.org
BOARD DISCUSSION: Update on Tulip Valley sewer maintenance issue
* Sheri Whittington, Property Manager, presented an update to the Board on the maintenance issue at Tulip Valley.
NEW BUSINESS :
BOARD ACTION: Write off of doubtful accounts
* A motion was made by Commissioner Fischer and seconded by Commissioner Price to approve writing off the books $1685.23 from Accounts Receivable which have been deemed uncollectible, providing a professional collection agency has recorded these debts against the responsible parties. Call for discussion, none opposed, motion carried.
EXECUTIVE SESSION: None scheduled.
SCHEDULING OF NEXT MEETING:
Meeting date: October 22, 2007
There being no further business to discuss, Chairperson Brewer adjourned the regular board meeting.
CHRISTINA M. PEGG,
BOARD APPROVAL OF MINUTES
B.Jo Brewer Chairperson Attest: Christina M. Pegg, Secretary